Monday, August 13, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- IN MY CUSTODY by Stella Marie Alden


Andrew Quinn, Esquire
The ask comes from my brother at four AM. A penniless widow in the emergency room needs a pro bono lawyer. Yup, it pushes all the right buttons. But what's this? The woman who captured all America’s pity was… well, to be frank, mousy. This stunning beauty has silky blond hair, sparkling blue eyes, and cherry-red lips. With a heart-shaped chin and pretty pert nose, she’s absolutely gorgeous. Too bad she's about to be arrested or worse.

Sienna
My dead husband was a cheap, conniving SOB with ties to the mob. So, when I mistakenly capture his very-alive voice on a recording, I know I'm in deep sh*t. Mr. Sexy-Suit offers his services for free but if something sounds too good to be true... I sure as hell won't go down that road again.
Note: Steaming hot scenes, no cheating, and HEA guaranteed.  AMAZON 3.5 STARS

This book had good main characters, although I have to say in the beginning I began to wonder about Sienna.  She was kind of a ditz at times and I wasn't sure I was going to like her all that much.  More than once I thought I just wanted to shake her. How many chances is she going to take with her life?  Common sense?  I wasn't sure how much of that she had.  But she also had some charming moments too.

Andrew, was kind of a surprise.  He wasn't perfect, he had a few flaws but he was good at his job.  That is he is good at it when he get his client, Sienna to listen.   Their first meeting was really different and had so humor to it even though she was in serious trouble.  And is Andrew the stuffed suit that on the outside he seems to appear to be?  No, I don't think so. 

It had some good secondary people in this book who are involved in the danger that was in the story.  There was a few unexpected twists towards the end of the book.  
While I can't say this was a favorite book, it did enjoy it. 

 I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader’s Copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment