Thursday, August 16, 2018

Book Review- Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson


A stunning new adventure set in the kingdoms of the Remnant.

A formidable outlaw family that claims to be the first among nations.
A son destined to lead, thrust suddenly into power.
Three fierce young women of the Rahtan, the queen's premier guard.
A legendary street thief leading a mission, determined to prove herself.
A dark secret that is a threat to the entire continent.
When outlaw leader meets reformed thief, a cat-and-mouse game of false moves ensues, bringing them intimately together in a battle that may cost them their lives—and their hearts.  AMAZON 5+ STARS

First Comment:  Wow, that was one intense, intense, story!!!

I will admit that at first I was a bit confused at the opening pages of the book.  That was caused by my trying to keep track of the all the people in the story.  The world building was also great but that even took me a while to sort through.  It was a bit overwhelming for me at first, I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to finish the book.BUT I'm glad that I kept going because it was so work it.  It helped even more when the story began to narrow down a bit more into two people.  The legendary street thief known as "Ten" who became the fierce Rahtan premier fighter,  Kazi will be one of those people focused on.  Jase Ballenger is that son thrust into leadership as the new Patrei.  And boy, is his plate ever full and he has no idea how more danger that there is lingering around him.  There is a lot of enemies out there and they are bold!
Two other women of the special guard go with Kazi.  Two VERY skilled warriors named, Synove and Wren.  They not only supported Kazi but also added so much more to the story.  As did a few other people as well.  The Ballenger also had their family members to add to the story and there were quite a few of them.
This book is FULL of action, deceptions, dangers and even some good moments too.  It's not all death and destruction but there will be plenty of that too.
I will also add that it is one long book, and well worth the money that you pay for it.
It "ends" with some happiness but I guess it a H.E.A. for now kind of ending.  Why?  Because the door is left wide-open for further adventures.  And looks like it's going to be a dangerous one at that.

I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book via Netgalley and it knocked my socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment