Monday, November 14, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- LIVE BY THE TEAM

Live By The Team (Team Fear Book 1) by [Skaggs, Cindy]
SSgt. Ryder was born, bred, and enhanced as a warrior, but when he returns home to his new wife--exiled from the Army along with the rest of his disgraced team--he faces mounting anger and paranoia. Something shady followed Ryder back from the desert, and he disappears to protect his wife, but his departure leaves a vacuum filled with intrigue. 
Lauren Ryder married thinking she had finally found stability, until her new husband disappeared. In six months, she's lost everything that mattered, and now a madman has her in his sights. Ryder's return lands her in deeper danger from a formidable enemy.As the threats escalate, so does the heat, but even if Ryder can save Lauren from the forces mounting against them, will they survive what he has become?  AMAZON a solid 4.5 STARS

Lots of action and tension throughout the book.  The first chapter starts out on that note, easily setting the tone.   It's intense, but you need to know that this is an adult story with violence and there will be martial sex.
 Now having said that, you also have to know it was a well written story with quite an unexpected twist or two.  Especially towards the last quarter of the book.  One I suspected and a couple I never saw coming!  Well done author, I like that!   I have to admit this book had me on the edge of my seat more than one time.  
I think that Ryder  did the best job of describing who Lauren was.
" Lauren's personality matched her big heart and her boundless energy."
Do I think this story has a cliffhanger?  Not sure because much of the story was concluded.  
But the baddies didn't all get rounded up; they are still out there.  So, the adventures continue.  But you can stop right here if you want and probably be satisfied with Lauren and Ryder trying to overcome so much. That part does come to a satisfactory end, to my way of thinking.  But more adventure is open to you IF you want to continue.  

 I just took a moment and checked on future stories.   And it looks like what I suspected was brewing between Rose (another Team member) and Debi (Laura's BFF) earned them their own story in, "Fight by the Team".  Debi was a really good friend to Lauren  and I couldn't help but like her as they had each others back in this book.  Debi had a bit of a mean streak in the ways she showed her disapproval about certain things.  Not hateful but she does get her point across and it did make me smile.  She was definitely creative.  I'm thinking about getting this next book.  


“I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review”.

No comments:

Post a Comment