Monday, September 19, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- HOPE FLAMES

Hope Flames by [Burton, Jaci] 
Thirty-two and finally setting up her veterinary practice in the town she once called home, Emma Burnett is on her own and loving it. Independent and driven, she’s not letting any man get in the way of her dreams. Not again.
 
That’s fine with Luke McCormack. Divorced and hardly lacking in female company when he needs it, he’s devoted to the only faithful companion in his life—his police dog. Still, there’s something about Emma he can’t shake.
 
When a series of local break-ins leaves Emma vulnerable, she seeks help from the first man to spark her desire in years. And now they’re giving each other something they thought they’d lost forever…hope.     AMAZON


As I was getting ready to leave a review on Amazon, I glanced down and saw this "Needs some oomph, said one reviewer."  I say, that Nailed it.  Although the people were nice, it was so low-key that it was just okay to read.   Slow moving and kind of bland. The dogs were a nice addition but even they couldn't save it for me. In my opinion, there was way too much "Man, she/he is SO hot, I could really go for that. But wait, I'm SO NOT looking for a relationship."  

You might want to cover your ears for the next comment.
**********************************************************
I was NOT excited by the several references to how Luke tingled all the way to his balls, when Emma smiled, laughed or etc.  Way too much reference to that, to my way of thinking.  
*************************************************************************
Okay, you can uncover your ears now.


I'm glad that there were other people who enjoyed this book but I was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment