Monday, September 5, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- EARLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN

Earls Just Want to Have Fun (Covent Garden Cubs Book 1) by [Galen, Shana] 
Maxwell, Lord Dane, is intrigued when his brother ropes him into an investigation of the fiercely beautiful thief who is believed to be the lost daughter of the Marquess of Lyndon. He teaches her how to navigate the dangerous waters of the ton, but Marlowe will not escape her past so easily. Instead, Max is drawn into London's underworld, where the student becomes the teacher and love is the greatest risk of all.  AMAZON   4 stars

I did it again and read a series of books out of order.  I read book number 3- "I Kissed a Rogue" first.  
I enjoyed it so much that when I saw this book, I found I already had it and so I snapped it up to read it.  
I really enjoyed this one too.  Even with some of the some of the horrible ways people had to survive in London's underworld.   There was even some humor when Marlowe  says some pretty outrageous things.  
Maxwell of course was in way over his head when it came to dealing with her  and where she came from.  But he was also bored with his staid, predictable life but before long he was also longing for some of that peace and quiet he had before.  But not enough to kick her to the curb.  The reader does get to see some surprising strengths in Maxwell as time goes on.  
Of course there are some things that didn't add up to me, but not enough for me to quit reading the book.
I'll give just one example.  Marlowe is street smart, right?  Maxwell and his sister and mother are reasonably smart people, right?  Why didn't any of them think of coming up with a fake last name for Marlowe BEFORE she goes to her first ball? 
There is a short preview at the end of this book of Book #2- The Rogue You Know.  
It raises some interesting questions about Maxwel's sister, Susanna.  It got my interest, so now I want to read this story as well.  It includes Marlowe's best friend, Gideon Harrow, who was a good additon to this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment