Monday, October 9, 2023

+BOUGHT/ BOOK REVIEW- Smashing Deception in The House of God by Shane W Roessiger | Jul 4, 2013

  

"In this coming season, I will reveal those who are using my church for their own gain, those who have used my words to entice my sheep, who have let go of what I have given them for their own gain. For I have given time for repentance and found none. I am cleaning house. Some will be publicly exposed. Some ministries will come to not silently. Losing what they hold so precious, they will repent. I am doing this because I love them. They will not perish into everlasting fire, away from me.” A prophetic word extracted from Smashing Deception in the House of God

BOUGHT @ AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK

 4 STARS

A good point stood out by Mary  Merth to the author before getting in the book. "..Don't ever apologize when God gives you  a word, just be obedient.   A prophet is never loved by all since he is the watchman on the wall, sometimes blowing judgement, truth or encouragement.  Be blessed"

I do have to say that those words opened my eyes a bit, because I never looked at as a watchman can give encouragement.  But now I recognize it. 

I's all about the heart is shown from several different angles even before getting to that later chapter.  Also some interesting things about God preparing a bride, not a harlot.  Plenty of insights and scripture showing how the church, it's people and some of its leaders have erred. "Beware of the Leaven-Part1" points out some wisdom when it comes to being beware of those of who act in certain ways.  Like, Speak great swelling words of exaggeration, not bringing the whole counsel of God. Always saying the name of God but don't mention the name of Jesus Christ. Often making their entire sermon  a story without any scripture in it.  Finally, are so concerned with titles and honoring men and operate by bringing fear or making you fearful.  All good points.  

There were a couple of things that I wasn't in total agreement with.  But for the most part he was point on with what is going on even now. He definitely was NOT afraid to supply a lot of  scripture to his book either.

No comments:

Post a Comment