Wednesday, October 25, 2023

+BOUGHT/ BOOK REVIEW- Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven and Earth by Dutch Sheets


      If God is all powerful, why does He need us to pray? If we pray and nothing happens, does this mean that God is not listening? For those who have ever felt that their prayers do not count, Intercessory Prayer will show just how vital their prayers are. Pastor and teacher Dutch Sheets explains the nuts and bolts of prayer, with wisdom, gentleness and humor. This book will inspire readers, give them the courage to pray for the impossible and help them find the persistence to see their prayers to completion. It is time to discover our roles as prayer warriors. It can mean the difference between heaven and hell for someone you know!

AMAZON LINK 

5 STARS

First off, I want to say that I fully believe that God is sovereign.   However, scripture also mentions that God has given us delegated authority to work with Him in the earth. This book may not be for everyone but I was able to dig out many nuggets of truth from it about the different ways that we can pray. This is a serious look into the ways of prayer but was written in a relatable way with scripture and some testimonies as well.

A statement that was mentioned that I related to was when asking a question of the Lord that the right answer began with asking the right question." For me, I actually asked at least once before, what question do I need to be asking, that I haven't yet? 

Have you ever been called stubborn?  That a good thing when you allow God to use it as a righteous force called persistence or endurance.  That's covered under the section "The Power of Persistence." I liked seeing stubbornness used in a positive way, in God of course.

I guess my final words would be since this book is so good, take what you can and let the rest go for now.  Hey, you may need it later and be ready for more of it later.

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment