Thursday, December 8, 2022

Book Review- Surrendered Hearts by Nina Levine

   

An arranged marriage, cartel romance.

 

Javier Torres is the kind of man most run from.

He’s ruthless. Brutal. Unforgiving.

He’s dark power in an expensive suit.

I met him at fifteen, loved him at nineteen, and was broken by him two years ago when he shattered my heart and sent me away.

Now, our families want us married.

Joining in this way will strengthen the cartel Javier is poised to take over.

I’ll marry Javier.

I’ll give him my loyalty.

I’ll do what I must for my family.

But I will never give him my heart again or bow down to him.

Except, Javier demands everything from me.

And as far as he’s concerned, all is fair in love and war because when Javier wants something, nothing will stop him.

As our enemies close in on us, my fiancé pushes me to my limits and I discover that things might not be as they’ve always seemed. That maybe this man I’ve always loved would bleed for me in the same way I would for him. 

 

Welcome to the Badlands underworld where ruthless men wage wars for power and the love of a strong woman, and where queens always stand next to their king.

 

The Badlands world is a gritty, violent, mafia-inspired world that is all shades of grey. Raw, emotional romantic suspense with high heat and dark themes. It contains some situations that may upset the reader.

 

My thoughts-  Going in I knew that this was a novella but it just didn't do it for me. It did manage to put a fair amount of emotions into it along with dangers. And I have to give points for the spunky heroine of the story, Emilia. And Javier was hot but I just wanted a bit more depth to the story. Maybe I was expecting too much but that's what I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment