Friday, December 16, 2022

***BOOK REVIEW- Assassins Retribution (Book #3 English Assassains) by Rachel Amphlett

   

 The English Spy Mysteries is a new concept by crime fiction author, Rachel Amphlett. Combining fast-paced thrilling reads with episodic delivery in the vein of TV shows 24, Alias, and Spooks, series one is a must-read for fans of Robert Ludlum, Vince Flynn, and James Patterson.

Who spies on the spies?

The net is closing in on Eva and her team, now on the warpath and seeking revenge.

Old alliances are tested, new enemies are exposed, and somehow Eva has to stop a madman unleashing a weapon of terrifying consequences upon an unsuspecting population.

The clock is ticking...

This is another 5 STAR winner as far as I am concerned. First off,  Eva is a favorite for me and as time went on I just wanted to read more stories about her.  I know that this is supposed to be the last in the series.  But please reconsider, I want more Eva.  And what's up with Nathan? He's grown through the series and yes, he's a nerd through and through but in some ways he's also toughed up.  He's still got a tender heart but also gathered some street smarts too.   Is it possible there is a romance there for Eva and Nathan?   The door WAS left open on a few things so for me there is hope of more in the series.  
The twists turns and surprises is off the chart...in the best possible ways.  And I was SO sure I knew who the villain of the piece was.  And SO wrong.  I liked that the author surprised me on that one.  Yes, we knew that Maxim was the villain of the piece but I'm talking about the evil man behind Maxim.  
Well, I'm going to leave it right there when it comes to reviewing the story.  But I would like to mention that I read this book through the HOOPLA Library App and that is where I was first introduced to this author.


No comments:

Post a Comment