Friday, December 2, 2022

BOOK REVIEW- Blast Wave by Leo J. Maloney

   

Mystery & Thrillers

Description

From the clandestine corridors of power in London to Tokyo’s historic underground, Alex Morgan fights a devastating global threat in an explosive thriller by real-life Black Ops veteran Leo J. Maloney.

A sniper attack in London’s Trafalgar Square triggers the survive-and-protect instincts of Alex Morgan, special agent of the Zeta organization. As the city erupts into chaos, Alex knows it’s only the first move by the vicious Ares network. Fast-moving events propel her to Tokyo, where Yoki-Dyne, a lucrative and innovative tech company, is under attack.

Alex takes a deep dive into the heart of danger, only to encounter a female operative who may be her best ally – or her worst foe. It’s a race against time to fortify Yoki-Dyne, safeguard the future of Western democracy, and extinguish every threat that stands in her way. 

 AMAZON LINK

4 STARS

 I'm pretty sure I haven't read books by this author before. But what an interesting story it was starting with Alex Morgan herself.  She's just going along minding her business on the way to a "meeting'' and things started getting explosive.  And yes, there is a double meeting with that word, "meeting." I also liked that not only did Alex have skills when it came to physical security but also her second job was a working cover.  What do I mean by that?  That her cover was a real business, one that she loved and excelled at.  

Great world building is done in the story with plenty of details.  At times, it felt a bit much to me BUT you can tell the author knew their stuff. But what I loved best was The Action.  The action when it began to move did so really quickly, keeping me in the story.  Also the Zeta's computer team of hackers was something else that kept me reading. Shepard and O'Neal had to keep themselves on their toes on this op. They did a good job of racing around in cyber-world to try to help Alex.  I also couldn't help but like Temi, Alex's Japanese contact.

I really liked that right off the bat it became really clear why the book has the title that it does.  I always like that.  It fit so well.

 

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

(NETGALLEY)

No comments:

Post a Comment