Sunday, December 4, 2022

BOOK REVIEW- Bent: (An Everyday Heroes World Novel) by Rue Lennox

 

 

She's the hurricane I didn't see coming.
I knew from the moment I met her that I had to have her.
Too bad she belonged to someone else.
Or so I thought.
She dropped the man hanging on her arm with one well-placed kick.
Then she knocked me on my ass and stole my truck.
Avery James doesn’t belong to anyone.
She doesn’t back down.
She doesn’t walk away.
Even when she should.
Chaos might as well be her middle name.
From one disaster to the next, she’s a magnet for mayhem.
Plus, she's too stubborn for her own good.
Blindly charging head-first into a world she doesn't belong in.
My world.
Law, order, and everything in its place.
But Avery?
She makes me want to bend every rule I have.
Even if I break under the strain.
 
 
5 STARS
 
I took a risk when I decided to read this book.  It could have gone sideways on me, being just another hot book, with more sex than plot or depth.  Not this one!  And I ended up begin SO glad I picked it up. It was a surprise in all the best ways. 
 Let's start with Avery..wow, what a tiny magnet for trouble.  So often she doesn't start stuff but she sure knows how to finish it! She's a fighter that's for sure. And if you touch her without her permission?  Well, you've been warned. 
Carter, what a great guy but often put his foot into his mouth when it comes to Avery. It's just that he sees into her so clearly.  He has also been in love with her for a long time and just doesn't seem to know it while everyone else pretty much knows.  Everyone but Avery that is. It made me smile time and again when it was said to Carter, "little Avery James is your Kryptonite." Well, that was proved time and again too, often in hilarious ways!  I found Avery was someone that got under skin too when it came to enjoying a character.
While I enjoyed the humor a lot, there is also plenty of emotions, family dramas and even some grief.  All well done.  So was the families of both of the main characters.
It comes to an explosive ending with a satisfying epilogue.  
 
 
 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
 
 
(BOOKSPROUT)

No comments:

Post a Comment