Sunday, March 6, 2022

Prime Reading/ Book Review- Don't Call Me Greta (A Stolen at Birth Novel ) by Angie Stanton

   

Don’t Call Me Greta is a poignant story filled with intrigue, adventure and the struggle of family loyalties.Piper Winslow's life is destroyed when her mother is arrested for kidnapping her as an infant. With her mom in jail and her real family about to reclaim her as Greta—her birth name—what can she do? Run of course. Escaping close calls and dominating headlines while eluding authorities, Piper and an unlikely passenger are on a harrowing adventure.Piper's birth parents are determined. She is discovered and returned to her real family...but not everyone is happy to see her.As Piper struggles to cope in her new life, she hits one obstacle after another. This family that appears so perfect on the outside, harbors secrets; and nothing is as it seems.Will she ever be fully accepted? Will she ever fit in? Will they ever call her Piper?

AMAZON LINK 

5 STARS 

This story pulled me in right away and just didn't let go.   I'm still a bit gritty eyed because I just couldn't put the story down.  And yes, I definitely read WAY past my bedtime. 

First of all, Pippa was such a great, spunky while terrified main character.  I loved her, "Aha moment" when she decided enough people have jerked her around to want they wanted.  When she realizes she has no say in anything. Then it's time to take her own decisions back into her own hands.  So when she runs?  She gives everyone a run for their money. Her emotions throughout the story was not only shown but so easy to feel and understand.

Her brother Zac shows up in the story and you can just feel the emotions of how scared and adrift he had to feel too.  His whole family has been pulled apart.  His best friend, Finn was also quite the surprise. He gets pulled into her escape at first but then he is all in. 

What a birth family Pippa/ Greta has. They are NOT as perfect as they appear and I really felt for Pippa.  They allow her almost no time to settle down from HER upheaval.  For several it was more about them and how they can change her or control her.  Or even ignore her.  I was on the fence about Dave (her dad) for quite a while.  

I liked how the story ended and with a whole lot of secrets all exposed.  And being dealt with.

  On a side comment, "Greta Grout, what a horrible name."  I liked that she had more than one reason to hate that name.   

  I was able to read this book through Amazon Prime reading and I'm so glad that I did.  I think I've found a new to me author to check out.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment