Sunday, March 13, 2022

*** Book Review- Tough Justice by Tee O'Fallon

     

Mystery & Thrillers, Romance

Description

It should have been a routine investigation. Instead, DEA K-9 agent Adam “Deck” Decker watches in horror as one Denver hospital seems to be Ground Zero for overdoses of a new drug. Now Deck can only hope a certain icy, green-eyed ER doctor will help him and his canine partner track down the deadly source.

Dr. Tori Sampson has her reasons for not trusting federal agents, especially ones working for the DEA. But the rash of overdoses—including a heartbreaking case involving a teen—is alarmingly high. And the new opioid is not only extremely dangerous, it defies all the usual medical treatments. So Tori has a choice: work with the big, brawny, and annoyingly hot DEA agent…or watch more innocent people die.

Tori’s the only person who can help Deck break the case, and they’ll need to trust each other, no matter how high the tension and attraction sizzling between them runs. But with every question answered, they realize there’s something more behind these typical teen overdoses. There’s a pattern here, and a pattern can only suggest one thing. There’s a killer on the loose.

AMAZON LINK 

5 STARS

This story was intense, with really great depth over all.  The emotions in the story was also so well felt. It was also totally unpredictable in the best possible ways. I liked the unusual approach in the opening of the book.

 The sparks really did fly off the main characters when they met.  Antagonistic sparks because of their professions. I found that to be an interesting take because they were SO into their reasons for what they felt. 

The big drug kingpin really had me going when it came to guessing who that could be.   After a while, I was leaning one way with a specific person.  But then finally went, "No way, couldn't be."  Until I just threw up my arms and confessed that I just didn't know.  There were several good suspects. I loved that the author did a good job of twisting and turning me around!  

Thor, Thor.  Loved, Loved, Loved him.  He was a dog with so many interesting abilities, almost like a wonder dog. Deck had quite the crime fighting partner in Thor.  But he also provided some really sweet moments too.  And Thor and the cat?  Priceless!

The action was top notch throughout and it doesn't let up at all.  And the ending was everything I could hope for.

I just have to mention, one of my favorite scenes has Deck in all his tough guy warrior gear.  And the way he pulls two business cards out of his thigh pocket.. is so hot. The way it was written was so sexy,it just got to me.

 " I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book through Netgalley. And these are my honest opinions about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment