Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Book Review- Claiming What's Mine (Lost Boys Book 5) by Janice Whitaker

   

I’m not Mr. Forever.

I’m barely Mr. Right Now.

I’ve got no business taking a second glance at Josie. The single mother is too sweet and too soft for someone like me.

She deserves a man cut out for fatherhood. A man cut out for happiness.

I’m neither of those things.

I might not be what Josie deserves, but when someone threatens her and her daughter’s safety I can sure as hell be what she needs.

A man who will put his life on the line to protect them both.

I have terrible taste in men.

Always have, clear back to the one who gave me the only thing that matters in my life.

That’s why, when I meet a man who calls himself Moon, I’m sure he’s one more bad decision I shouldn’t make.

Everything about him is dangerous, from the perfect cut of his clothes to the darkness I see in his eyes.

And I still can’t stay away from him.

Something about him makes me feel safe in a way I never have before.

And I need that right now.

Because I’m hiding a secret.

One that should make him want to stay away from me.   

AMAZON LINK

 

I felt off balance with this story and all the people who were in it.  I guess part of that reason is because this is Book 5 but my first time reading any of this series.  It also made it harder for me to rate it too !  I have such mixed feelings about it. Although the world building and the emotions were done well, the pace of the book often slowed down more than I enjoyed. 

Both Moon and Josie were good main characters.  Although I enjoyed Josie's daughter,, Clara I also felt some confusion over how she was portrayed.  Although she asked good questions I also felt like she also acted much younger than 8 years old.  I did enjoy how Clara and Moon develop a relationship.

Violet made the beginning of this book.  She made me smile, a lot.  She was one wild senior citizen with a load full of sass and spunk.  She was a total hoot.  And each time she showed up, she remained the same.  

 There is plenty of dangerous action, but it also comes to a good conclusion.  

P.S. I didn't really need the BDSM club scenes.

 

  " I voluntarily read a copy of this book.  These are my honest opinions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment