Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Book Review- Seducing the Bride's Uncle (Love Unexpected #5) by Lisa Freed

 

 Can a determined young woman convince an older man that she wants him not what he can buy her?


JENNIFER

After a breakup, the last thing I want to do is go to my brother’s wedding by myself and be surrounded by happy couples in love. Yet when a handsome older man sweeps me off my feet, I find myself melting into his embrace. Except he’s the bride’s uncle and insanely wealthy. When a misunderstanding has him pulling away, I need to convince him it’s his heart I’m after not his bank account.


THEODORE

Another wedding, another forced appearance, and the usual set-up with someone I’m not interested in. I’m no stranger to relationships and am tired of women pursuing me simply for my money. It’s bad enough my family uses me like their own personal piggy bank. Is it too much to hope after spending the evening with a charming young woman it’s not dollar signs in her eyes when she looks at me but something more?


Seducing the Bride’s Uncle is a short, sweet and steamy story featuring a determined heroine and the older man who wins her heart. It’s a standalone with no cliffhangers and a very satisfying HEA!

AMAZON LINK 

3.5 STARS

I'm having a hard time giving a rating on this book.  There were part that I liked and then some parts not as much.  

There was some sweetness that I liked and the emotions came across pretty well. Theo and Jennifer (Jen) have insecurities that show up without being mushy. There is also a ton of the horizontal mambo.  Well written but maybe a touch too much for me.  

I liked how the story ended with the promised H.E.A.  The Epilogue was a bonus that I always appreciate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment