Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Book Review- The Hit (Team Zulu ) by Julie Weaver

   

When hitman Elias “Shep” Shepherd accepts a Mafia contract, he doesn’t expect his mark to be a woman—or the sexiest thing in grease-stained overalls he’s ever laid eyes on. She stirs something inside the Special Forces veteran’s battle-hardened heart. Despite the risks, he’ll do whatever it takes to protect her, even if it means hauling her to his remote mountain cabin and breaking his no visitors rule.

Auto mechanic Cameron McKenzie only needs one look at the towering wall of muscle who’s abducted her to know he’s a killing machine. Too bad for him, she’s not going down without a fight. Hidden away in his isolated cabin, Cameron is reluctant to admit Shep might not be the heartless beast she thought he was. And as their mutual trust builds, so too does an intense desire for her unlikely savior.

If the Mafia discovers Cameron is still alive, Shep will need every one of his elite skills to keep them both safe. Although he’s no longer sure which is more dangerous—the enemy’s demand for merciless retribution, or the woman who makes him wish he was worthy of her love.  AMAZON LINK

 5 STARS

What a great start!  And as things went on I kept wondering, "How in the world will things ever work out?"  It definitely kept me reading to find out.  

It also helped that both of the main characters were interesting and had their own challenges to face.  And boy, was Shep someone who had quite a bit of depth to him.  Cameron was no slouch either.  But not only is her focus to stay alive but to protect her brother too, if there's any way she can.   

I just have to say that this story had plenty of action, emotions, surprises and was totally unpredictable.  It was a story totally worth reading and I enjoyed it a lot !  I fell in love with both Shep and Cameron (Cam) and wanted the best for them.  

I like it when a story has an Epilogue and this one did. I was surprised by how much I liked this story.  All, I can say is what an awesome ride and I want me some more Team Zulu stories please.

 

 I voluntarily read and am reviewing an advanced copy of this book from Booksprout. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment