Monday, December 13, 2021

Book Review- Advance :A Paranormal Mystery by Delta James

   

A Best Seller Paranormal Mystery
She needs a hero. He only wants her.


As fiction crashes into reality, the lines blur when the hero from the pages of Sage Matthews’ bestselling steamy romance novel, Roark Samuels, emerges to save her from the brink of death.

Unbelievably, Sage and Roark come face-to-face with the opportunity to explore their deepest desires by creating their own sinful imaginings but also giving themselves a chance to write their own happily ever after.

Can the Hero truly save his Creator, or will this turn into a tragedy instead of the happy ending for their own best seller?

Publisher note
* This story was previously published as a standalone title, Best Seller. Advance has been expanded and is now the first book in A Paranormal Mystery series.
* Advance is a friends to lovers paranormal, supernatural story with steamy heat in and out of the bedroom for mature readers only.  AMAZON LINK

 

I really like to read stories that have book people come to life; in their author's lives.  I did enjoy the first half of the book and the actual story that was in play.  However, as I got into more of the second part, it became more difficult for me to enjoy.  The steamy scenes got a bit too much for my taste.  The author gets points for some things being well written just not what I was hoping in some of it. 

Although I liked Sage, I really didn't like how much of a bully her publisher Gail was.  She was so controlling that I couldn't believe how Sage put up with it. 

I found that there were quite a few questions that didn't really get answered.  Like what happened to the person who was trying to kill Sage .  It was mentioned that it would be taken care of but how?  There was no explanation offered as to why characters from her book were coming to life.  That left me with more questions about that. 

So I guess this book is a half & half for me.  Half I REALLY liked and half that I didn't like as well. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment