Thursday, December 16, 2021

Book Review- The First Starfighter Game 1 (Starfighter Training Academy) by Grace Goodwin

   

Starfighter Training Academy. It was just a game. The newest, hottest video game release of the year. Choose a role. Build the perfect hero who joins you on missions to save the Vega star system from the evil Queen Raya and her merciless Dark Fleet.

Play for hours? Check.

Obsess over the in-game romance between your avatar and the sexiest alien you've ever seen? Check.

Win? Beat the heck out of the game? Check and check.

Open your door at 3:00 in the morning to find that smoking hot alien you thought you made up in your head standing there? Um... okay.

Wake up on the other side of the galaxy with that same alien insisting you're his... and that you haven't been playing a video game, but completed the training program to become the first Starfighter from Earth?

Holy sh$t.   AMAZON LINK

4 STARS

For me this was a fun story.  And  yes, I do remember bits and pieces of the movie "The Last Starfighter".  And yes, the beginning was similar to the movie.  Except there were a fair amount of differences.  I liked that Jamie was interacting with two other women (Lily and Mia) who were also playing in the "game."  They had never met in person but they had fought together and had fun together too.  Space friends  who I would like to read their stories too.  Just for fun you understand.

Jamie and Alexius (Alex) get spicy in this story versus the movie; there's another difference. In fact, there does end up being quite a bit of sex, which I didn't get all that into. I liked spunky Jamie and even Alex gets my vote as someone who has been watching and longing for Jamie.  I appreciated that it wasn't in a stalker kind of way.

The second half of the book does ramp things up with good battles and some surprise twists towards the end. I just have to add that I thought the world building was pretty darn good. And I liked the the ending.

 

   " I voluntarily read a copy of this book,  and this is my honest opinion about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment