Friday, September 24, 2021

**Book Review- ARIES (Zodiac Tactical Rescue Unit ) by Janie Crouch

   

My code name is Aries.The stars say I’m aggressive, dominant, first in line to lead.

The stars aren’t wrong.

Zodiac Tactical is my company. It’s run by those I’ve chosen for their skills and ability to outmaneuver adversaries. We guard, protect, rescue…assist on the side of the angels.

We eliminate the threat when nobody else can.

My pastime of putting bad guys out of business has created powerful enemies, but I’ve always made sure there was nothing in my life I couldn’t live without.

Until now. Until her.

She’s not a warrior, she’s an artist. She sees colors everywhere and greets the world—and me—with a smile. I knew I shouldn’t come near her from the beginning, but she’s everything I’ve never been able to be.

And now a monster has taken her, caged her, to get even with me.

My code name is Aries. And I will burn the world to the ground to get her back.

AMAZON LINK 

5 STARS

 This book really deserves a high rating.  It had so much depth in so many ways.  I hardly know where to start.  So maybe a good place to start would be with the really great main characters. 

 Wavy Bollinger is a really colorful person.  She might be working as a waitress but her passion is painting.  I loved that she saw the world in colors and that's she painted.  She also has a smile that lights up the world and warms those that are around her. 

Ian DeRose has his team and some horrific memories.  He doesn't like enclosed spaces and I liked that the hero had an unexpected "flaw".  Landon Black and Sarge are his two right hand men that he trusts without question.  They are also the core team members because of that.  

It added some funny moments when Ian and Wavy meet up.  It made me smile when Wavy had embarrassed herself and it was all Ian's fault.  No, not really.  It was just she had such a strong response when she was around him. The friendship that led to romance was enjoyable.  It developed in such a good way.  Ian calling Wavy Rainbow was sweet and based in good reasons. 

The emotions in the story just pulled me in even some of the not so happy ones.  

 The dangers were off the chart but also believable when it came to the evil of the new Mosaic.  And the surprises just kept coming, I never knew what to expect next.  I loved that it was totally unpredictable.  I'm trying to be careful and not give too much away because it was quite the adventure that I don't want to spoil. 

Things do come to a surprising but good end with ALMOST everything taken care of.  

During this story Bronwyn Rourke  plays a background role but she has also been messed with by the new Mosaic.  Sarge has been looking for her and it looks like they will get their own story.

 I received an ARC and am voluntarily providing an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment