Monday, October 30, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- THE INFAMOUS HEIR by Elizabeth Michels

The Infamous Heir (Spare Heirs Book 1) by [Michels, Elizabeth]
Lady Roselyn Grey's debut has finally arrived, and of course, she has every flounce and flutter planned. She'll wear the perfect gowns and marry the perfect gentleman...that is, if the formerly disinherited brother of the man she intends to marry doesn't ruin everything first.
Ethan Moore is a prize-fighting second son and proud founding member of the Spare Heirs Society-and that's all he ever should have been. But, in an instant, his brother's noble title is his, the eyes of the ton are upon him, and the lady he's loved for years would rather meet him in the boxing ring than the ballroom.
He's faced worse. With the help of his Spare Heirs brotherhood, Ethan's certain he can get to the bottom of his brother's unexpected demise and win the impossible lady who has haunted his dreams for as long as he can remember...AMAZON  3 STARS

The story was slow and I had trouble staying with it.  I like most of what I have read by this author in this series but this one was not one of my favorites.  I could barely finish it.   But I also wanted to find out if the villain of the piece was who I thought it was.  And it was the one I suspected early on. 
For the most part I liked Ethan as a main character but when it comes to Roselyn it's a mixed bag.  There are times when I liked her and quite a few other times I just wanted to slap her in the head.  I know part of the reason that she tries to be so prim and proper is because of what she's had to overcome when it comes to being a part of the "Mad" family. But still, she does some incredibly DUMB stuff, I could only shake my head.  Being wild and bold was one thing but being stupid is another. 
Things do work to a good outcome with no cliffhangers and a H.E.A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment