Wednesday, October 18, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- THE AMISH WALK by Sabrina Vicks

The Amish Walk by [Vicks, Sabrina]
Jacob is feeling the pressure. Everyone in his Amish family is married and people are teasing him about not having anyone to tie the knot with. He's painfully shy but there are more than a few women in the community who would be open to his courtship. His problem is that the woman he truly has eyes for barely even notices him. He wants a family more than anything but becomes even more dismayed when the woman he truly loves tries to play matchmaker with him and someone else? Can he dare tell her his true feelings?   AMAZON  3.5 stars


The main story is short, and sweet.   Although somewhat predictable, I did enjoy shy Jacob's hopes for love.  It was a clean story as well.

Something I didn't expect was that there was 2 bonus stories.
The first bonus story is probably the one I enjoyed the most out of all the stories.  It felt like it had a bit more depth and I also enjoyed the story theme of a woman being enticed back to the community to help find a killer.  There was also more tension because she not welcomed by all on her return and that included a family member as well.  The friendship to romance that also develops makes you wonder how that will work out but you can also sense the hope. 

The second bonus story was different, with some twists but I'm not so sure I liked the ending.  

One of the other things that I liked about the books was that it wasn't all about negative control by the Amish.  It wasn't all harshness like some books focus on.  I know that it happens but this book was refreshing. 

I just have to say that the cover of the eBook was one of the things that drew me in.  How cute is that picture?  

No comments:

Post a Comment