Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer Reading- Hearts Made Whole

Displaying
Let the summer reading fun begin!

Hearts Made Whole 2As you get ready to head out on your vacation or to a weekend getaway, I hope that one of the books you'll pack to read is my newest release, 
Hearts Made Wholethe second book in my new lighthouse series, Beacons of Hope. If you didn't read the first book, Love Unexpected, don't worry! While the books have some overlapping characters and themes, they can definitely stand alone. 

Hearts Made Whole has been given a starred review by Booklist and is a Top Pick from Romantic Times. RT says: "With painterly prose that never skimps on wit and verve, Hedlund gives us vivid characters, inventive plot twists, fascinating historical detail and heartfelt faith journeys that make the book’s reach-for-the-tissues ending all the more satisfying. Lovers of inspirational romance won’t want to miss this sparkling gem of a novel."

JuneNL
As with the first book in the series, Hearts Made Whole is set at a real Michigan lighthouse, Windmill Point Lighthouse. Windmill Point Lighthouse once existed on Lake St. Clair on the rural outskirts of Detroit. It was a strategic beacon that helped ships cross from Lake Huron over into Lake Erie as those ships transported raw goods from the Northwest states to eastern cities and seaports.
 
JuneNLWindmill 2The lighthouse is named after the old ruins of a windmill where early frontiersmen brought their grain for grinding. Today, all traces of the original windmill and lighthouse are long gone. If you visit Grosse Pointe in the Detroit area, all that remains is a small conical structure with a white flashing light.

**Lighthouse images credit: 
www.lighthousefriends.com
 
 

hedlund-newsletter-dvdr
 
 HMWLitfusemini

To get you into the mood for summer, I'm having a special summer giveaway: An Afternoon at the Beach Giveaway. Included in the prize package is a lovely picnic basket, beach blanket, flip flops, and much more! There are also two runner-up lighthouse-themed prizes. You won't want to miss this giveaway!

I hope you're able to join me on June 23 at 8:00pm ET for a 
Facebook Chat party! I'll be there live answering your questions, talking about Hearts Made Whole, and giving away even more prizes! I'd love to see you there!

hedlund-newsletter-dvdr 2

Book three in the Beacons of Hope series releases in January of 2016. Stay tuned to my 
Facebook Page because in a couple of weeks I'll be revealing the cover, title, and the character who will carry on the cross of hope.  I'll also be sharing which real Michigan lighthouse is the setting for the book.
 
hedlund-newsletter-dvdr 3
 
EbookSalejune15

I don't want you to miss out on the specials my publisher is running on my Young Adult novels.

F
or a limited time, my e-novella The Vow - the prequel to An Uncertain Choice - is FREE and the e-book of An Uncertain Choice is only $1.99.

Grab them while you can!


 

hedlund-newsletter-dvdr 4
 
Luther and Katharina
Finally, I'm SUPER excited about my fall release! If you've enjoyed my books inspired by real faith heroes, then you'll love my next book. This time I won't be changing names. What you see is what you get! And it's Luther & Katharina.  Yes, THE heretic monk Martin Luther along with Katharina von Bora, the feisty runaway nun who would eventually become his wife.  Make sure to add the book to yourGoodreads shelf and look for the release in October.

I wish you a fun-filled summer full of lots of reading!

Blessings,

Jody 



 

www.jodyhedlund.com
www.twitter.com/jodyhedlund
www.facebook.com/AuthorJodyHedlund
www.pinterest.com/jodyhedlund/


P.S.  If you enjoyed this newsletter, feel free to share it with a friend by clicking any of the icons below.

No comments:

Post a Comment