Thursday, June 18, 2015

Get a Breakthrough by Dreaming | Doug Addison

Get a Breakthrough by Dreaming | Doug Addison

man sleeping on bed black vector silhouette illustration

Doug Addison
June 18, 2015
Are you in need of prophetic insight into your life? Do you need a change or do you feel stuck? Well, it could very well be that the changes you need are in your dreams.
I have been dreaming all my life and have interpreted a lot of dreams for people over the years. The more I study dreams and visions in the Bible, the more I realize that God uses this way of speaking to people. You can get business plans, deeper healing, revelation into your situation, a heads up on what is coming, the list is endless.
One-third of our life is spent asleep. That means that during an average lifetime, twenty-five years can be spent dreaming. Every night, we dream an average of one to two hours, and some studies show we usually have several dreams per night. These dreams are valuable whether you remember them or not.
Everybody dreams but not everyone can remember them. Just because you cannot remember dreaming does not mean that you did not dream. In fact, there are times that God will hide a dream or it’s meaning from you and later you are impacted by it (Job 33:14-17 NKJV).
Breakthrough dreaming
Merriam-Webster Dictionary’s definition of Breakthrough: a sudden increase in knowledge, understanding, etc.; an important discovery that happens after trying for a long time to understand or explain something.
My first breakthrough dream occurred just before my nineteenth birthday. I was so stressed out by a recurring nightmare I could not take it any longer. I decided that the next time I had this nightmare I was going to force myself to stay dreaming and face it. I did just that and in the dream I made myself look at something that I did not want to face.
It was my spiritual condition. I battled in the dream to stay asleep and won. I woke up in a pool of sweat but at total peace. Wow! I had just had a supernatural encounter with my fears and overcame something that was trying to hold me back from my destiny. I never had that nightmare again, and my life took a dramatic turn for the good though I still battled things.
I’m convinced that there is probably something in your life or maybe someone you know that needs a breakthrough. You can very well receive this in a dream!
Interactive dreams
Any dream in which you know you are dreaming or you are able to do something to change the direction of the dream is an interactive or lucid dream. An example of this would be the ability to wake yourself up from a bad dream or fly away from something that is attacking you.
It can also be positive when you learn to stay asleep and interact with the dream. For instance, you have a recurring dream that there is a door that is locked, and in the dream, you find a way to unlock the door. This is important when it comes to dealing with recurring dreams or nightmares. You can change the outcome. When you change your dream life, know that you are also changing your waking life as well.
There are many examples of breakthrough dreams in the Bible. My favorite is when Jacob has a dream in which God revealed to him a business strategy on how to make money and get repaid for all the times his father-in-law, Laban had ripped him off (Genesis 31).
Responding counts
You can have an amazing dream and write it down but if you never take action to activate it then it remains a great entry in your dream journal or an encouraging memory. When we do something positive to activate our dreams then our waking life will change for sure.
I will be doing an in-depth training on Breakthrough Dreaming: Dream Interpretation Accelerator Online Training on June 20, 2015.
Also check out my training course, books and blogs on understanding your dreams and fulfilling your destiny.
This is a season of time that God is speaking through dreams like never before! It is such an exciting time to be alive!
Blessings,
Doug-sig
Doug Addison
DougAddison.com
Doug Addison is a prophetic dream interpreter, speaker, writer, Life Coach, and stand-up comedian. Doug travels the world bringing a message of love, hope, and having fun! His unique style helps open people to discover their destiny and experience God’s supernatural love and power. Doug is an award-winning author of seven books. He and his wife Linda live in Los Angeles, California.
- See more at: http://dougaddison.com/2015/06/get-a-breakthrough-by-dreaming/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Doug+Addison&utm_content=Get+a+Breakthrough+by+Dreaming#sthash.nHu8UNnC.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment