Friday, May 8, 2015

BOOK REVIEW-Chance of Loving you


BOOK- CHANCE OF LOVING YOU- 
This in an anthology by three bestselling romance authors, and here is their bio links:
Author Terri Blackstock - view author info
Author Susan May Warren - view author info
Author Candace Calvert - view author info
For Love of Money by Terri Blackstock
Trying to launch her own design firm while waitressing on the side, Julie Sheffield was drawn to the kind man she waited on at the restaurant last night . . . until he stiffed her on the tip by leaving her half of a sweepstakes ticket.
The Recipe
by Candace Calvert
Hospital dietary assistant Aimee Curran is determined to win the Vegan Valentine Bake-Off to prove she’s finally found her calling. But while caring for one of her patients—the elderly grandmother of a handsome CSI photographer—Aimee begins to question where she belongs.
Hook, Line & Sinker
by Susan May Warren
Grad student Abigail Cushman has agreed to enter Deep Haven’s annual fishing contest. She’s a quick learner, even if she doesn’t know the difference between a bass and a trout. But nothing could prepare her for competing against the handsome charmer she’s tried to forget since grief tore them apart.
One chance for each woman to change her life . . . but will love be the real prize?
Each story is followed by a delicious recipe.    AMAZON LINK


The first story- "For love of Money", reminded me of a movie I saw part of several years ago.  It was called "It could happen to you".  I only know the name of it because I had to look it up.  I found this story was an Okay read.  I did enjoy the Christian theme to it and the struggle that the sudden windfall of money caused both Julie and Blake.  I liked both of the MC's although some of Blake's levity and what looked like carelessness with the money sometimes bothered me.  Hey, just showing human nature I think.  I can say that I did like the ending of the story.

Book 2- The Recipe-  This one was a favorite for me.  I liked Aimee she was kind of a misfit but so kindhearted and likable. She was trying to find her place in life; her gifts and talaents.  She was almost starting to wonder if she had any.  The other main character, Lucas loved his grandmother so much  and her story was also something different.   What a sweet, charming story it turned out to be.


Book 3-  Hook Line & Sinker-   Abigail and Ross had a long history; they have known each other for years.  And not all of their history is good.  It used to be but grief, insecurities and misunderstandings have done some severe damage.    How can these two make their way back to each other?   Abby stayed true to herself but Ross was trying to be someone and something else than who he really was; trying to fill the void that was left by his older brother Scotty's death. 



Each one of the stories had a recipe at the end of their stories.   Each one had a good moral to the story without being super preachy; I did like that.  Scripture and Christian backgrounds are a part of their stories too.   Each also has a Happy Ever After ending.  I would say that its a pleasant read over all.   These stroies showed struggles, human weaknesses, failures and at the end the overcoming of obstacles. Good stories for all ages of people.

I have also placed a similar review on Christian Books 
Chance of Loving You- ("Love Never Fails- Review Name")


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I am mentioning  that Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment