Saturday, November 24, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- Guarding her Heart (Renegade Love Bodyguard Novel Book 1) by Jade Webb

Guarding Her Heart (Renegade Love Bodyguard Novel Book 1) by [Webb, Jade]
Heart-stopping, life-changing sparks. 

That is the only way I can describe the first time I met Liam.

But he was my sister’s bodyguard and I was only here for one reason: to make sure my sister doesn’t have yet another embarrassing public meltdown. If I can keep my pop star diva sister out of trouble, then I can get my promised free ride to law school and chase my dreams of being a public defender. 

So until I have a law degree in my hand, I cannot afford any distractions. 

And Liam? He is most definitely a distraction. 

I’m tired of living under my family’s careful rules and law school is my way out. I won’t let anything get in my way, and I definitely won’t let anyone close enough to break down my walls. 

But will guarding my heart lose me a chance at a once-in-a-lifetime kind of love? AMAZON 3.5 STARS

A good romance with interesting main characters. And also a few secondary people too.  Gabby's sister, Daphne being one of those in this story.
Gabby is whip smart but a runner when it comes to showing her feelings or looking for love.  She has valid reasons to be afraid after seeing her mom and dad handle things and taught her to shove emotions down.  Reputation and family name you know?  Her parents relationship is a mess and her brother Lawrence and sister Daphne aren't doing so well in the love department either.  When things get too intense for Gabby, she cuts and runs and hides.  That is how she copes.  And she hates the rich lifestyle and her sister's lifestyle is even worse for her.  All she has ever dreamed of was going to college to be a lawyer.  
Liam is a good guy, a hard worker and gets swept off his feet by Gabby a lot faster than he would have liked. He's really fighting to do his job as a bodyguard and keep his hands off Gabby. And his lips and everything else.  Well, that works...for a while.
I liked that each character had their own "voice" since we got to hear what each one's thoughts were through their own P.O.V. 
Oh, there is a couple of sex scenes in the book, later than sooner.
While I did enjoy this one, I wouldn't say it is a favorite but I would like to read the stories of both of Gabby's siblings. Especially Lawrence's, "Defending her Dignity".  



No comments:

Post a Comment