Thursday, March 8, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- SEEKING ALLAH FINDING JESUS

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity by [Qureshi, Nabeel]
In Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, now expanded with bonus content, Nabeel Qureshi describes his dramatic journey from Islam to Christianity, complete with friendships, investigations, and supernatural dreams along the way.
Providing an intimate window into a loving Muslim home, Qureshi shares how he developed a passion for Islam before discovering, almost against his will, evidence that Jesus rose from the dead and claimed to be God. Unable to deny the arguments but not wanting to deny his family, Qureshi struggled with an inner turmoil that will challenge Christians, Muslims, and all those who are interested in the world’s greatest religions.
Engaging and thought-provoking, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus tells a powerful story of the clash between Islam and Christianity in one man’s heart?and of the peace he eventually found in Jesus.
AMAZON 4 STARS

I liked this book but it was also a bit heavy at times to me.  A lot of that had to do with all the information about the culture, Islam and words of his language that I was unfamiliar with.  Not only is it his story,it would also be a great study resource.  Now, that was something that I wasn't expecting. I didn't know that it would have that much depth. I appreciated the Glossary that was included, that helped me so much. 

I felt that it had a great introduction and it was a good way to start the book.  Another thing that just practically screams from the pages is how much he loved his family and how much they loved him.  The affection that his parents expressed through out his life was so sweet to read about.  And it was just something more that tore at his heart when he went through his struggle to find the truth.  The other thing that stood out so clearly was how much Nabeel loved God, and wanted the truth about who he really was.  He was looking for truth.
There is just so much I could say about this book but it would make for a really long review.  Let me just say, it was worth reading about the journey and that it would take more than one reading to get everything out of it.  But there is enough there to gain quite a lot of insight.  

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and this is my honest opinion of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment