Tuesday, February 7, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- Wanted: Vampire's Assistant : (Moonhaven Cove Book 1) by [Dusty Rose, Jessica Martinez]

  

She's scrappy and pure sunshine.
He's a 1,000 year old vampire.
Together they're magic.


Ever had life kick you in the teeth after it shoved you down the stairs?

Yeah, that’s how my day was heading.

And then I saw an ad in the paper that changed my life—Wanted: Vampire’s Assistant. Qualifications must include: loyalty, sturdiness, flexibility, dependability, fearlessness, intelligence, and please no applicants that are prone to temper or fits of terror.

Normally, I’d laugh at the absurd ad, but I emailed the prankster—Draven Leto, instead. People need jobs, Mr. Leto. Prank ads are not appreciated.

I wasn’t expecting to get a reply.

And I certainly wasn’t expecting for the ad to be invisible to everyone else on my floor.

Then a self-proclaimed vampire with a voice that could melt honey called and invited me to interview for the position.

And I accepted.

Like I said, life changing.

Wanted: Vampire’s Assistant is part of my new Moonhaven Cove series. Each book in the series builds off the previous books, but still stands on its own. If you’re looking for clean paranormal romance with swoony kisses, snappy dialogue, funny and heartwarming characters, and plenty of suspense and action, you’ve found the right place. Welcome to Moonhaven Cove.

AMAZON LINK 

5 STAR

 This was a wild, fun read with great, unusual characters in it just like you would expect.  The world building was outrageously awesome and so were the emotions in it too.  
Mia, what's not to like about her?  Not a thing as far as I was concerned.  She might be people challenged with all their chaos and swirling emotions but get her at home with where she was SUPPOSED to be and she became more peaceful and centered. Even if "people" trying to kill her and her boss.  She was also hysterically funny, and I could see why she often made others laugh, especially Draven.  And her substitute curse phrases made me laugh too.
Draven was quite the man of the hour, and  he was beyond interesting.  I kept thinking that he was interested in Mia in more than friendship but that was a good starting point.  I loved watching their process and interactions.  Even more fun was Mia discovering she had "skills".  
I also enjoyed the other people who became friends with Mia.  They just couldn't seem to help liking her.  This was new to her since she'd never really had friends before.
The only thing that bothered me was the introduction of a witch and a familiar since I didn't know that was coming and I might have skipped the book.  I was glad however that the witch part wasn't really spent much time on.  Because other than that what a entertaining story.
Great ending to the story with an equally good Epilogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment