Saturday, February 11, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- Hunted in Hope Springs by D.J. Hicks

   

Leave a review.

https://www.amazon.com/review/create-review/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_wr_but_top?ie=UTF8&channel=glance-detail&asin=B0BPCMF1QN

 

 

A series of murders. An undercover operation in a small town. This is not what I had planned to regain my credibility.

But I didn’t have much choice in the matter.

A new start with a small FBI profiling unit has turned into everything I had told my boyfriend I would avoid: dangers, crazy missions, and psychotic killers.

What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. At least for now.

Hope Springs is a small town with a bad attitude and a high death rate. Throw in a rotund, suspicious sheriff, a gun-toting doctor, and I have to wonder if the odds aren’t stacked against me?

When Deputy Matthew appears on my radar with his wide smile, and dead fiancé, my investigation suddenly takes a terrifying turn.

The killer hunting Hope Springs’ residents is closer to me than I’d feared, and I may not make it out of this alive.

 


Tense opener is how this story started..right out of the gate. And it keeps the tensions throughout the story.  I liked that and found myself liking Willow quite a bit and fairly soon.  She really gets points for being tenacious when it comes to solving crimes.  Even when she is coming against resistance.  After hitting Hope Springs talk about resistance and down right hostility against outsiders. Not just unwelcoming but straight-up hostility. The people in the town were something else.  Including that nasty Sheriff. 

I enjoyed the twists, turns and totally unexpected, dangerous reveal of the murderer.  That murderer also told a secret that turned out to be of direct interest to Willow.  

I liked how the story ended, although there was one thread not completed..yet.  But after knowing Willow, that part she will finish. 

I was given a copy of this book and these are my honest thoughts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment