Thursday, January 5, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- The Tie That Binds by Catharina Maura

 

When Alyssa Moriani loses her father, she's faced with an impossible choice: fulfil her father's last wish and marry Daniel Devereaux, her best friend's older brother... or lose her father's company to the one person that'll burn everything she's worked for to the ground.

Her marriage to Daniel was never meant to be more than a business arrangement. They were never meant to be so perfect together, and they were definitely never meant to fall in love.

After all, they started their marriage with an end date in sight.

AMAZON LINK

3 STARS

 Good main characters pushed into an awkward marriage of convenience but it had it's moments.  I did have times where I smiled, and times I enjoyed it.  But this is were it got tougher for me to enjoy...the "games" that they were playing especially the hero of the piece.  He goes hot and really cold with her and I figured out the why but..still I found it unattractive and started getting tired of it.  It went like that for way too long for my liking.  It would have helped if they just talked to each other and they do agree to do that and  they do it for a short time and then quickly stopped doing it. Grr.  
It does have a good ending so I will give it that.  If you're looking for a longer story with some depth,some romance and don't mind the "mind games"? I'd say go for it..but..for me it wasn't quite there for me.  That doesn't mean I'll stop reading something by this author.  This one just wasn't totally my flavor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment