Friday, September 9, 2022

Book Review- Stolen by the Mob (Miami Mafia# 3) by Mallory Crowe

   

I’m on the verge of expanding my criminal empire to heights my family has only dreamed of. If watching out for the little sister of the Borya’s latest girl is what it takes, then sign me up for babysitting duty.

Except this is no baby girl. Layla Banks is full-grown in all the right places, smart as a whip when it comes to computers and absolutely livid when I take her away from her house which apparently she hasn’t left in years.

She might be a too smart for her own good, emotionally unstable knockout, but now she’s dealing with me.

I’m a thief. I’m a killer. I’m carrying a minimum of 5 deadly weapons. I stole Layla as a favor. But I’m keeping her for me.

AMAZON LINK 

4 STARS

A good story although dark like the book information suggested.  I liked that Layla was not your usual main character heroine.  This gal, is brilliant but also has some major issues. She is terrified by things that don't bother most people. And that does get in her way during this story.  But I also liked that she managed to overcome them and get stronger to protect those she cares about.

The other main character, Rafael while confused by his attraction to her, he also wildly underestimates her too!  He's quite dangerous on his own but he becomes quite ruthless when it comes to grabbing up Layla.  He also struggles with why he was asked to do this favor.  Nothing seemed to make sense. There was this puzzle of what's the connection between the person who asked and Layla.

 Rafael and Layla do end with burning up the sheets until danger starts up a different kind of fire.  

I liked how the story comes to a brilliant ending with no one ever underestimating Layla ever again.  I also liked that it was a complete story and it had a H.E.A.

 

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment