Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Book Review- The Bride of Blackfriars Lane (Blackfriars Lane #2) by Michelle Griep

    

Christian | Historical Fiction | Romance

Description

The Continuing Adventure of Jackson and Kit!
 
Detective Jackson Forge can hardly wait to marry the street-sly swindler who’s turned his life upside down. Kit Turner is equally excited to wed the handsome detective, and what better way to show her love than providing him with a gift any man of the law would love? She determines to bring to justice the men who years ago maimed his brother—despite Jackson’s warning to leave the past in the past. As she digs into the mystery of what happened, she unwittingly tumbles into her own history and endangers her future happiness with Jackson.
 

AMAZON LINK 

 3.5 STARS

To tell the truth I had a hard time getting into this book.  And I don't think it was because this was the second book in the series and I hadn't read the first one. I say that because the foundation and world building was pretty good and easy enough to know what was going on. But for some reason it just wasn't my cup of tea and didn't pull me in as much as I had hoped. Which is a shame because I did like both Kit and Jackson and they both were unusual people and that is something I do enjoy.  So the author does get points for that from me.  

There were a lot of things going on with other plots happening and I know that is something that isn't that easy to write.  However, I felt like at times that I was just pushing through all of that, because there was so much.  And I just wanted the answer to a couple of questions. Which made me keep reading until FINALLY those answers came.  I was happy with not only that but how uniquely things finished with Kit and Jackson. 

So I think it's safe to say that I had mixed feelings on this book, making it harder to rate.

 

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.” 


(Netgalley)


 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment