Saturday, June 18, 2022

***BOOK REVIEW- Just One More Reason: A Small Town MC Romance (Cottonwood Falls) by

   

 *This is a complete standalone. It’s not necessary to read the first book in the series in order to enjoy this one.*

An outlaw biker, his adopted nephew, and a snarky homicide detective would be the perfect family if she wasn't working undercover, and he wasn't a murder suspect in this opposites-attract romance from Oona Ryda and Candace Ayers.

One steamy night, then we’ll never see each other again. Until we do…

When I became a homicide detective, I knew I’d have to prove myself to men with big egos and little…
ahem…minds.
This undercover assignment, infiltrating an outlaw biker club, is risky, but it’s the career boost I need.

Imagine my shock when the hot stranger whose bed I snuck out of six weeks ago turns out to be a member of Hell’s Defenders MC—and a potential murder suspect.

The deeper I go undercover, the harder I fall for Lukas Chambers, and the more his three-year-old adopted nephew steals my heart.

I’m the law, he’s an outlaw.
The line between the two grows blurrier by the day.  
5 STARS
Lukas was totally unexpected.  Especially with this being an MC story.   He was totally different in his involvement with the club than what I usually see in these kind of stories.  But I liked it a lot !
 Wildfire was a cool nickname that Lukas gave Mackenzie (Mack). It really fit her too.  I found it really easy to like this spunky woman.  She had skill and heart.  A heart that she has spent a long time hiding. 
 There is Heat in this story as well as some sweet moments too. I'm glad that the "heat'' didn't take over the story though.  
I really enjoyed the time spent with Lukas and his nephew, Noah.  What a "character" Noah turned out to be.  Everything went along smoothly without too many surprises until about 70ish % on my kindle.  Then, things started heating up and the hits just kept coming.   It was unpredictable and kept surprising me time after time. I liked that although I kept wondering how in the world Lukas and Mack would ever work things out.  
I was very happy with the ending that included a Epilogue. 
" I voluntarily read a copy of this book,  and this is my honest opinion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment