Thursday, May 20, 2021

BOOK REVIEW- The Marriage by K.L. Slater **

   

 Mystery & Thrillers 

Description

Ten years ago he killed my son. Today I married him.

Ten years ago my darling son Jesse was murdered and our perfect family was destroyed. My strong, handsome boy, so full of life, became a memory, a photo I carried with me everywhere.

But today I’m finally close to finding happiness again. My ash-blonde hair has been curled into ringlets. Carefully placed white flowers frame my delicate features. The small, drab chapel has been prettied up with white satin, and there are tiny red hearts scattered on the small table where I will soon sign the register with my new husband.

The man who killed my son.

My friends and family can’t understand it. My neighbours whisper in the street whenever I walk past. How can I love a man like Tom?

They don’t really know me at all… AMAZON LINK

4 .5 STARS

This is a book that will keep you guessing.  It's filled with people who are written with good depth to them.  There's plenty of emotions and as I read further I came up with the thought that they all are D & D.  For the most part they are all Dysfunctional and in Denial (so D&D). 

The world building was really good.  The only part that I was a bit uncomfortable with was the switching back and forth between the two time periods (before Jesse's death and after Tom's prison release. ) That's because I'm not a big fan of that.  I will say though that the author made sure you knew at the beginning of the chapter what year you  were in.  

There is several P.O.V's which I found different but good. Bridget, Tom and Tom's mom, Jill had their say  early on.  Then I was surprised when Audrey's P.O.V. was opened up.  Then Ellis, Bridget's grandson, had a shorter amount of time later on when it came to what he was thinking and feeling.

So part way in the story, you think you know what's going on and you think you've figured out a motive?   Well, think again honey.   You only think you know.  After awhile ALMOST everyone looks guilty.  There is a delicious surprise waiting for the reader.  And the author has stacked a couple of surprises at the end.  I enjoyed the ending and found it satisfying.

 

 

 "I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”



No comments:

Post a Comment