Friday, May 28, 2021

BOOK REVIEW- The Kings of Kearny by Navessa Allen *

    

Mystery & Thrillers | Romance

Jakob Larson is going to be the death of me.

That’s what I think every time he strides into my bar.

The Kings of Kearny Motorcycle Club run this small Texas town, and Jakob is their chief enforcer.

The Viking, they call him. He’s a criminal. As dangerous as he is sexy. The kind of man who makes my inner cavewoman sit up and take notice.

Him big. Make strong babies. Bring home mammoth for dinner.

I’m ready to indulge her desires, but just for one night. Unfortunately, Jakob has other plans.

Someone in town is breaking one of the cardinal rules set by the leader of The Kings. And Jakob thinks they’re using my grandmother’s nursing home as a front for their illicit activities.

Now I’m neck-deep in trouble with him, and every time I think I’ve figured out what’s really going on, Jakob reveals another piece of the puzzle.

I need to figure out how far I’m willing to go to protect this town. How far I’m willing to go with Jakob.

Because if I fall for him, there’s no going back. No hope for a peaceful ending.

But Jakob is the kind of man who makes me think that peaceful is overrated, and descending into darkness with him could lead to something even better than a Happily Ever After.    

AMAZON LINK

4 STARS

This story was hard for me to rate.  I have to admit that I had mixed feelings on this one.  It had parts I liked better than some of the others.  But I will admit it was an unusual story making it different from some of the other motorcycle club/gang stories. 

The story gets big points because I did like the main characters.  Neither one of them has much of a filter when it comes saying what they think.  It leads to some pretty funny and also some hurtful words at times between the two of them.  Krista is one sassy, practically fearless woman.   Jakob is also direct but he uses a whole lot less words. Krista is still dealing with a physical issue which was well done in a believable way woven into the story. Krista's attraction to him was also based on some of the wildness in herself.  Like she thought, most people would run far away from him because of that almost feral part of him but instead she was drawn even more to him.  He had a scary face at times but then again so did she.

Once you get past a lot of well written sexual encounters, you get to a pretty good story.  A story with well described people and threats. Krista's grandmother might have a health issue herself but she was a delightful hoot too.

You know that there will be violence but there is also plenty of other action and secrets too.  A surprising ending finishes off the story. 

 

 I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy

 of this book.  

All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment