Monday, February 12, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- SPRING SPARK by Stacey Joy Netzel

Spring Spark (Romancing Wisconsin Book 12) by [Netzel, Stacey Joy]
**This 13.5k bonus short story will be FREE to newsletter subscribers who sign up at Stacey Joy Netzel’s website.**

Ashley’s best friend Reid has been the one constant in her life since her father left when she was in the fifth grade. She’ll never admit to wondering about kissing him a time or two over the years because mistakes like that ruin friendships.

Then one night, Reid crosses the line and changes everything between them. The spark he ignites reveals a possibility she never dared imagine, but fear of losing the friend she cherishes most keeps her from letting him pull her across the line with him.   Amazon 4 STARS

I really liked this short story.  It's amazing how much feeling there is to it.  And how quickly it drew me in.  I have to say that the fact that it did kind of surprised me.  I enjoyed the story, the main characters and their long term friendship.  They have a couple of "hidden" help when it came to coming to the idea that just more than friendship could be involved.  This "hidden" help managed some things to throw them together for an unrecognized "first date."   I do understand their fear that trying to take it to more could risk everything.  But they were also blindsided by deeper feelings and attractions. 
So yes, it does have a H.E.A.   But there are some emotions and struggles mainly on Ashley's part have to be worked out.
On a final note, I liked that they have nicknames for each other.  Ashley is "Pez" and Reid a.k.a.  "Net".  The story behind those nicknames are cute and make sense. 
I've read a couple of the books by this author in this series and so far this one is my favorite.   I liked Ashley's quirky personality and the history between the two of them.

I received a copy of this book and this is my honest opinion of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment