Tuesday, February 13, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- HIDDEN FATE by Tara Thomas

Hidden Fate: A Novella of Romantic Suspense (Sons of Broad) by [Thomas, Tara]


































Welcome to the sultry streets of Charleston, where simmering desire and dark danger rule...

He’ll stop at nothing to keep her safe…
Someone wants Janie dead.
Brent will do anything to protect her from a ruthless killer’s hunt. 
But an enemy this powerful won’t give up easily….
And danger and passion will explode as they fight for each other.  AMAZON 3.5 STARS


This was a novella yes, but it was more like a set-up or foundation of the people and the background. Although I realize now that there was a story before this one.  It is actually part 2 of several novellas. Like I said, the  story does NOT complete in this book but continues on to another.  So yes, it definitely was a cliff-hanger.  Something that I wasn't expecting.    That was kind of disappointing to me although the actually story I was enjoying up to that point.  

 HIDDEN FATE is serial that focuses on a potential serial killer, and a number of missing and murdered young women in the Charleston area. Former police officer Janie Roberts has been targeted by a potential serial killer-a killer who always seems to be a step ahead of them. Who is the "them" I'm taking about?  That would be Janie and her new beau Brent Taylor.  It's interesting that Janie was beginning to have some suspicions on who not to trust. It was also different is what the "clue" was that was nagging at her.   I did like that.   Things were just starting to happen when this book ended.
I'm not a fan of books broken down like this into parts but the author did a good job of drawing the reader in. Because of the small amount of pages involved in this one and the next one, I personally would have liked to seen them folded together to make one book.  But then again that is my personal preference.  It's also another reason why I gave it a slightly lower rating on Amazon.  That said I do have the next book, "Twisted End" on my TBR list; once again courtesy of Netgalley. I'll let you know how I like that one.  



I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and this is my honest opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment