Thursday, September 21, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- FIRST TIME LOVERS by Kylie Knight


She’s so bad…
Tall, tatted, and tempting—that’s what Max Dornan was.
And she had a bad attitude.
So why is it I can’t stop thinking about her?
About that long silky black hair and those long legs wrapped around me?
I’m a CEO, a billionaire, and a twin. A real nice guy, or so they tell me.
Yet when it comes to Max all I want to be, is bad.

…He’s good
People see my tattoos, my surly attitude and they think they know me.
Just like the suit—Brooks is his name.
He’s tall, dark, and handsome. And he needs my help.
When I agreed to help him out temporarily, I didn’t expect to like him.
I didn’t expect to end up in his bed. 
And I never expected to fall for him.

We were all wrong for each other, the bad girl and the good guy. But somehow together, we were pretty damn perfect.  AMAZON  4 STARS



This book made me smile more than once.  
Brooks constantly is found suffering from foot-in-mouth disease when it comes to Max.  He's not a bad guy but he sure didn't learn his learn the first time when it came to taking his bad temper out on Max.  Oh, she forgave him and then she pretty much shut him out EACH TIME. Brooks spent an awful lot of time trying to get back in her life.  
I like the way Max refereed to Brooks as The Suit.  It's not all his fault thought that he is snobbish in some ways. I began to suspect that wasn't really who he was at heart.  And that began to show up more and more as the story goes on.  His foster parents is where most of the blame can be laid; they really weren't all that likable at all.  And Max begins to question why he really even cares what they think.

Max has had a gut full of other people just tolerating her or judging her as not measuring up and expecting her to be thankful for it.  The foster homes she was in taught her that cruel lesson years ago.    So she doesn't let many people close or take much guff either.  She just shuts down and moves on when people hurt her.  But Rosie?  His daughter is someone that she is totally open and herself with.  And why not, she's just as cute as she can be.  Nola is another person who Max is the same way with.  Nola is her best friend, and Brooks' sister-in-law.   Both Nola and Bronx (Brooks twin brother) are good characters who shoot from the hip when it comes to telling the truth.  Something that Brooks doesn't always appreciate but needs.  And so does Max and they are as honest with her as they are with him.
There is friendship, and romance to the story but there is also a lot of hot sex.  Just letting you know. 

I received a ARC of this book and this is my honest opinion of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment