Monday, December 23, 2013

Book Review: PROTOTYPE

              http://prototypethebook.com/ 
BOOK                                           SMALL GROUP DVD
This book invites you to toss away every preconceived idea of what it is to follow after Jesus.  We've often heard that  our identity is in Christ but this author beckons you into thinking even more deeply about what that really means.  Not what your church thinks or has described it to be or even the beginning level of what you think that means.  There is freedom in knowing you are beloved just for being His.  Goes way beyond the works mentality that we think we are so free of. 

I really feel in love with this book incredibly early.  It was like sitting down with a friend and having a conversation,looking at things in a new way.  I usually don't enjoy reading the forwards and recommendations by other authors/ministers/friends all that much BUT I absolutely loved the forward by Steven Furtick.  His words just began to draw me in and Jonathan's words did the rest.  From the very first chapter I promptly fell in love with it; that would be the chapter titled "Identity".  In fact that chapter made me cry; because of changes in my life right now, I really needed to hear what he was saying. One of my favorite quotes was by  Soren Kierkegaard, " The most common form of despair is not being who you are".  Another thing that caught my attention was the way the author defined evangelism.  It was something that resounded inside of me versus some of the other "styles" that just didn't seem to work for me.  
Just to let you know, the DVD was just as good as the Book.   I was relieved about that because sometimes I've liked the book and not liked the DVD as much or vice versa.  



Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a FREE copy of this Book and DVD for my honest review of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment