Monday, August 5, 2013

Children & Spiritual Activity- Becky Fischer

I had a pastor tell me once that he did not believe that children should be taught to operate in the gifts of the Spirit and taken on into deeper spiritual activities if their parents were not on the same level spiritually. He felt it would create great conflict in the home. (Does that mean we can't lead a child to the Lord unless his parents are saved???) 
Apparently God does not agree. He's done it numerous times in biblical history. This should be a great encouragement to you as parents. God can and will give you the wisdom you need to train and disciple such amazing children to rise up and take their places in the kingdom of God. I'm curious to know if you as a parent have usually spiritually gifted children and if you have ever felt like "How will I ever teach this child?" 
Your thoughts?
Becky Fischer
To follow Becky on Facebook go here:  Becky Fischer   
She has Biblical teaching and curriculum for kids. It also sounds like she's a great thought provoker for others too!

Here are a few comments from that post:
I was filled with the Holy Spirit right around my 13th birthday; before my parents were. My Dad became very convicted because he questioned the validity of the gifts before that happened. I believe that my experience helped to move him toward receiving those gifts for himself.
BTW, my experience when I was so young helped to guide me through those difficult teenage years and I have stayed true to Jesus my entire life. I need him more!!! He is my everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment