Monday, August 19, 2013

Book Review: Critical Pursuit



Missing children cases draw Officer Brinna Caruso like a moth to the flame.  Her passion is to save as many children as she can once they have been abducted. With the help of her K-9 dog Hero, its often a rush against time to find them; alive that is. Things begin to happen and she has a temporary partner named Jack O'Reilly, who is a burned out detective, who lost his wife and child to a drunk driver.  He's just going through the motions.  Can Brinna count on him, in the critical situations they are put in? Will he have her back?  That's about to be put to the test; as a child abductor similar to the one who took Brinna twenty years ago, has come to the surface full force.

I found this book an easy read; not only easy but it held my interest tightly through out. What I really mean is that I couldn't put it down and I read it straight through. The people were real, showing all their blemishes.  I really liked tough Brinna and what you see happens as her carefully constructed life gets challenged. In the book some called her obsession (to save the kids) was out of balance, consuming all of her life. She had very little personal life to relax, she was always on the hunt with Hero at her side.  This is a story that includes people who have lost their faith in God and also those who never had any faith in God.  Brinna is one of those who is self-reliant, thinking their is no God.  This was woven very skillful through the story without taking away the heart pumping action of trying to save the innocent and chasing the bad guys.
I liked this author's writing and at the end of this book was a short introduction to Brinna Caruso's next adventure called. "Visible Threat".  Do I want to read it?  That's a big, Yes!  I found another author I liked and its my hope that this series of stories continues to be as enjoyable as this first read of "Critical Pursuit."  

Janice Cantore
Janice Cantore
A former Long Beach, California, police officer of twenty-two years, Janice Cantore worked a variety of assignments, including patrol, administration, juvenile investigations, and training. She's always enjoyed writing and published two short articles on faith at work for Cop and Christ and Today's Christian Woman before tackling novels. A few years ago, she retired to a house in the mountains of Southern California, where she lives with three Labrador retrievers, Jake, Maggie, and Abbie.
Janice writes suspense novels designed to keep readers engrossed and leave them inspired. Accused is the first book in the Pacific Coast Justice series, featuring Carly Edwards.
Visit Janice's website at www.janicecantore.com and connect with her on Facebook.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission,I am adding that Tyndale House Publishers has given me a FREE copy of this book. In exchange for this free book I am giving an honest review, in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment