Saturday, July 6, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Frame 232



Sheila Baker, discovers that her mother held a secret for many years; something so fearful that it  affected her daily life and the fear that came with it actually stole much of her life. She was the  ‘Babushka Lady’- that people had talked and wondered about.  At the reading of her mother's will Sheila discovers that the information now passes to her.  Its a secret of national importance; something that will bring insight into who killed John F. Kennedy.  Caught on film is also proof that there was more than one shooter.  Through a series of events, Sheila finds an unlikely ally in billionaire Jason Hammond.  There are forces out there that don't want the truth to come out...no matter what it takes or how many people have to die.  Run Sheila and Jason, they have you in their sights; and a lot of people have a lot to lose if this truth gets out.

This was a really interesting work of fiction; it kept me interested all the way through.  There were some really good conspiracy theories at work and the people in the stories, I really enjoyed.  This is probably one of the few stories like this I have read, but I am glad that I did. it looks like more stories about Jason Hammond and his adventures are being written, I'm looking forward to it.

Frame 232 with Wil Mara Video- 3:00 minutes long.

I've added a quick Question and Answer Session from the author; check below:
Q & A with Wil Mara,  author of Frame 232:
What inspired you to write a novel around the assassination of President John F.
Kennedy?
I have always been fascinated by the assassination, which, obviously, was one of the most pivotal and enigmatic events in American history. And when I heard about the ‘Babushka Lady’---one of the few people in Dealey Plaza that day who remains unidentified---and the possibility that she may have filmed the shooting, an idea came to mind that seemed too good to disregard.

How much research did you do for this project?
An unbelievable amount. I spoke with assassination experts, read literally hundreds and books and
articles, pored over countless photos...you name it. My goal was to write a fictional story around the established facts rather than alter the facts to serve the story. Thus, I had to know pretty much
everything. I ended up loading my brain with more data than I really needed...but I didn't mind.

What would you like to say to Christian retailers to help them promote Frame 232?
I have tried like mad to strike an ideal balance between solid, suspenseful storytelling and the delivery of worthwhile Christian messages without being over-the-top preachy. All the books in the series, while undeniable in their Christian content, are suitable for the mainstream market as well and thus should find a broad audience. It is also important to note that they were designed not just in regard to what they offer, but what they don’t offer---readers will not have to deal with inappropriate language, gratuitous sexual content, brazen violence, or any of the similar nonsense that characterizes so many other forms of contemporary storytelling. The subject matter might be somewhat advanced in places, but it can be safely absorbed and enjoyed by people from all walks of life.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I am revealing that Tyndale House Publishers has provided  me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment