Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book Review: The Life Giver

The Life Giver:
This book is about a  Spiritual Journey.   Its main help is to change your perspective; learning  to be "of" the Heavenly Land  while still having to live "in" the world.  One of the main themes is to Live life more abundantly and to give out the life you have been given by God.  Not just to sit on it and protect what you have but to pour it back out generously; to love more generously.  No longer praying from earth to Heaven hoping for a download of answers but to pray as sons and daughters of the Family of the King.   Personal stories are generously shared of the author's beginnings and his family and ministry.  That could make it sound dull or the usual fare but it is not.

I really liked this book and I believe other people will as well.   I know that there are people who do not believe that God still speaks to his people or do any works of the Bible and they MIGHT have a problem with some of the material (could doubt it) but I was not one of them.  There is still plenty of good material in this book for all.   I could also hear the heart of the writer as he desired  more of God and his ways in his life.  He said, " I don't just want to know the word; I want to live it in every way possible".   He also gave me a new favorite scripture: " But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord”  Micah 3:8.This is just part of that scripture.   An enlightening chapter was the one on Offense vs Defense.  One last comment: the story about the child originally named Sidamo brought tears to my eyes.

I was given this e-book Free- from Destiny Image  for an honest review; which I have now given.

No comments:

Post a Comment