Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Its War, I tell you!

This morning the Lord brought back a phrase that He had spoken to me to meditate on several days ago::
" God's enemies are my enemies."
It brought with it the feelings of I will fight for God against his enemies,
thinking the devil and his dark works.
True but there's more!
Well Surprise!  Guess what?
  This morning Holy Spirit brought to mind the word "Enmity" that led to the scripture about there being enmity between the flesh & the Spirit. the next word I heard was "that means enemy". When I looked up the scripture Galatians 5:17 and compared to the word enmity in the dictionary- the very fist thing the dictionary said was "see: enemy"

So Gal 5:17 in the Amplified says: "For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do."

The dictionary also says: The bitter attitude or feelings of an enemy or of mutual enemies, hostility, antagonism.

SYN- Enmity denotes a strong settled feeling of hatred whether concealed, displayed or latent (dormant, long time in our memory).
 Hostility usually suggests enmity expressed in active opposition, attacks, etc.
 Animosity suggests bitterness of feelings that break out in open hostility.
Antagonism suggests the mutual hostility or enmity of persons or forces, etc.



oh my gosh, its worse than I first thought. My flesh is an enemy to God. My flesh is at war with God! Never quite saw it like that before. CHILLING. . It really is all out war- in the inner realm as well as the outside world. . Which then led me to Romans 7:23 and 1 Peter 2:11; they talk about flesh wars.
It sure explains alot esp. when it comes to the unruly feelings that erupt.

Inner & Outer war.
Sure explains alot.
I'm not getting it confused, God loves me.
 I'm not the enemy.
But my flesh ways sure are.
Also ran across the scripture about don't look here & there for the kingdom
saying there it is or here it is, the kingdom of God is within you - but hey
I think thats a whole 'nother part of the adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment