Thursday, September 28, 2023

+BOUGHT/ BOOK REVIEW- What Jesus Likes to Do Through You Paperback – January 1, 1992 by Roberts Liardon

 

So often we know all ABOUT Jesus because we have heard sermons and teachings about him for years in church.  But we do not know in a personal way what He likes to do. We need to know what Jesus likes to do and that He wants to be set free IN us to do those things.  Like the author said, "we need to first receive a deep revelation of what He cared about and what He likes to do."  And if we look at our Bibles, it often points out to those very things.  

The first thing that Jesus liked to do was reach out to lost souls. 

Healing is something Jesus likes to do.  He likes to get out where people are hurting, where they really need help, and demonstrate His power to change their lives.

It is Jesus nature to cast out devils and love it ! My copy of this book was published in 1992 but it was a clear picture of what is going on in our current times.  Mental illness has exploded just as the Lord had revealed it would, as the problem of the 90's to Roberts.     Let Jesus be free  to do what He likes through you and He will heal the hurts and cast out demons.

A great reminder was added... Command Change !! 

 You have the right, in Jesus Name to command everything in violation of His Word to move from your life.

 He also tackled tough problems.  He also likes to teach, preach, pray and prophesy. Don't forget that He likes to bless people !!

It ends with a powerful punch at the end.  God pointed out that when people first accepted Him, and He went inside them as the Spirit dwelt in them it was good. BUT now God wanted out, which sounds stunning at first glance.  But the point was that His people didn't seem to know how to let Him out for ministry. Like when God see someone who is sick and He wants to reach out His hand and heal them but they (the believer) withdraws his hand.  A powerful appeal follows to the end.  

 

 Prayer Included:  

Heavenly Father, I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus to the earth and for allowing Him to dwell in my life.  

Today I repent of any fear , lack of knowledge, of any obstacle I have put up that has bound Jesus up in my life.  Today, Lord, it is my desire to cry out, "Jesus be free in me."

I humbly ask Your precious Holy Spirit to anoint my life right now with a new freedom, a holy boldness, a divine anointing to go forth as a spiritual warrior You can use for Your glory.  Lord, I thank you so much for the revelations contained in this book and I ask that You make them living realities in my life.  

I ask these things in the powerful Name of Jesus, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment