Thursday, November 10, 2022

BOOK REVIEW- The Hit Man's Wife by Joy Ross Davis

   

The first time Jodie Marshall meets Russell Morgan, he has a gun pointed at her head. In a twist of fate, Russell claims her as his one true love. And even though Jodie loves him, she asks herself one question. How can I let a government hit man take over my life? Will she allow it or will she close the door on him forever?

 AMAZON LINK

 

It started out pretty good and then for me it went downhill at times.  Which is such a shame because it had such potential. But it often felt slow and the dialogue between Jodie and Russell felt shallow and stiff. I know that Jodie was suffering because of past traumas but still her conversations with Russell often felt juvenile.   Certain conversations were also so repetitive that it even made it less enjoyable for me.  

There were good secondary people in the story.   But even Jayne,(a close, close friend and helper) also had repetitive conversations covering the same ground  over and over.  The book would probably have been a bit shorter if that didn't keep happening.  

The story does come to a satisfying ending even though that felt a bit rushed.  

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”


(BOOKSPROUT)

No comments:

Post a Comment