Friday, November 4, 2022

Book Review- Garrett's Destiny (Dark Protectors # 15 ) by Rebecca Zanetti

   

Romance

Love and danger . . .

For most of his life, Vampire-Demon Garrett Kayrs, nephew of the King of the Realm, has carried a heavy mantle of responsibility with ease and control. Fate declared him heir to the throne, Fortune marked him with the power of the mysterious circle of Seven, and Chance promised more surprises to come. Nothing deterred him from his path. Until the nightmares began--agonizing dreams of having a female, the female, his mate, on the back of his motorcycle—only to have her torn away from his protection. He feels the menace around her, the danger she’s in, and he can’t rest until he finds her . . .

Duty and desire . . .

Destiny Applegate bears the weight of her name with a respectful balance of fear and purpose. She has been given some direction, but not nearly enough to truly understand her duty, what she was born to do. Even as a child, she had a sense of him. The him, her mate. A dream moment or two with him that might have saved her—or possibly cursed her. So now, when he finds her, she has no choice but to jump on the back of his bike and do her best to hold on until she discovers her path—even if that means ending his. 

 AMAZON LINK

5  STARS

 I've read quite a few books in this series but I've got to say this one was beyond anything that I could have been expecting.  It was so out-of-the box, creatively drawing outside the lines, good.  I'd have to say that it was something that caused me Shock and Awe.
Who knew Destiny held so many secrets?  Sweet, old fashioned caring Dessie had secrets that even she didn't know about.   And the surprises just kept coming making this a one of a kind wild ride.  I enjoyed every minute of that.  I also got a big kick out of the times she introduced herself to the immortal people.  "Yes, I'm just a human."  Another time when she said, "You don't have to sniff me, yes, I'm just a human."  I had to grin at some of the things that she said and the fact that she really wasn't afraid of Garrett.  Although common sense said that maybe she should be.
Garrett is everything that you can expect as the fierce, dangerous Immortal that he is.  He is also mighty confused with sweet Dessie.  He gets even more confused when things start to explode with her.  But he will get to the bottom of things because he likes her and they have some good sexy times together. People will pay if they so much as hurt a strand on her head.  And of course you know they will.   Things just keep getting more and more dangerous, twisted, while Dessie and Garret just get deeper in their relationship at time.  As truths come out, I wondered the whole time how things could ever work out for them.  I'm not saying why because I don't want to give spoilers but I will say that they had several things trying to work against them.
The world building is spectacular as always.  Other members of the "families" figure in the story but I don't think it should be overwhelming for new readers.

I'd have to say that there is a H.E.A. for now because the final battle against evil Ulrich, the religious leader of the Cyst hasn't happened yet.  

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

 Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment