Wednesday, May 11, 2022

** Book Review- Hunt Her (Come For Me #2) by Kelly Finley

     

General Fiction (Adult) | Romance

Description

Is the hottest love worth a lethal life?

Charlie Ravenel wasn’t supposed to fall in love on the job, not with the Sexiest Man Alive. But her record of following rules is shot to hell. As a bodyguard and former Marine, she’s ruthless at protecting women. As one with dark secrets, she was safe until she fell for him.

But how could she resist? He's wanted by millions... yet he only pursues her.

Daniel Pierce is a sexy, A-list celebrity—a dream on the screen and a beautiful beast in bed. When Charlie walked onto set, this alpha male met his match and his greatest love. And… he met danger.

What threatens them more? A stalker intent on revenge? Crazed paparazzi and fans for the alluring couple? A past Daniel can’t tell her about? Or a haunt Charlie fears?

If they can survive it all, there is such passion and love between them, and a surprise future they must protect.

There’s only one problem—everyone is hunting her now.

HUNT HER, Book Two in the COME FOR ME series is a steamy, racy, romantic suspense novel featuring a kickass heroine who lets Hollywood’s sexiest man love her… despite the risk.

*This book is not for the fainthearted. This deep romance explores the dark theme of stalking.

 AMAZON LINK

 4 STARS

Oops I think I goofed on this one. I missed the fact that it was a series and I haven't read the first book. I think it might have been better if I had. Although it didn't really take me long to find my feet on this one.  And the tensions stay high throughout. 

 I did like that there was a dual P.O.V.'s in the story. You could almost feel all the secrets that these two each had. I really liked kick-butt Charlie.  She had a tender, big heart, always protecting the helpless.  But you mess with her and you reap the pain.  

I also liked beautiful Daniel as well.  Even if he was often clueless when it came to the dangers in his life.  As an actor, everyone adored him and he got waay to close to his fans.   He's being rather naive about that.  Is he ever going to get it?  

There are other colorful people in the story and I enjoyed them.

There is also the added plus of getting the unnamed" ANONYMOUS hunter's" P.O.V. as well. 

I did feel that although the sex scenes between Charlie and Daniel were well written, there was also too many of them.  I never like it when that part almost feels like it begins to overshadows the actual story.   

Everything comes to a dramatic end for now with several surprises. So I have to say that I liked it but with some reservations.

 

 " I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book through Netgalley. And these are my honest opinions about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment