Friday, February 25, 2022

* Book Review- Baby Fever (A Real Man, 3) by Jenika Snow

   

Each story in the Real Man series can be read as total standalones.

He’s done being the bad boy … he’s ready to be a father.

DEX

I’ve never seen myself settling down. But then life, reality, hell, my biological clock slapped me right across the face. I knew what I wanted.

A baby.

At thirty-nine I was having a severe case of baby fever, and that meant convincing the one woman I’ve always wanted but knew was too good for me, to be mine and be the mother of my child.

EVA

I’ve always wanted Dex. He’s all raw power and cut muscle. He’s the epitome of what a real man is.
He throws me a curve ball and says he wants me not only as his woman … but the mother of his child.

I’ll be honest; it’s what I’ve always wanted.

DEX

Eva deserves better than me, but I’m too selfish, and I want her too badly to back away. Nothing will stop me from making her mine … and putting my baby inside her.  AMAZON LINK

 

 This story really didn't really do it for me.  There is a lot of dirty talk and sex but the only thing that probably saved it a bit is that they both have been kind of carrying the torch for each other for some time.  Neither one was aware of that fact though.  So at least this wasn't a story of insta-love or insta-lust.  They just have cared about each other for a long time.  It does have a H.E.A. with two Epilogues.  
All in all though this isn't a book I will be keeping or even rereading, even with the few tender moments.

  "I voluntarily read a copy of this book.  And these are my honest thoughts about it.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment