Saturday, October 16, 2021

* Book Review- The Billionaire's Bodyguard by MacKenzie Stowe

          

I hadn’t seen or heard from him in six-years. Until he walked into my office and shattered my world

Eva:

I had a good life, a meaningful life, full of order and purpose.

The last thing I needed was a stalker ruining it all.

I certainly didn’t need the nuisance of having a bodyguard.

Not in the form of the man who broke my heart six years ago.

Now he’s in my space, in my life, and turning my world upside down.

I fell for him once and it almost destroyed me.

There is no way I’m going to fall for him again.

Sean:

Six years ago, I walked out on the woman I loved to save her.

Now I am back in New York City and she needs my help.

I will do whatever I have to do to keep Eva Moore safe.

Even pushing my own needs and desires for her aside.

Yet, the more I am with her, the more I know I need her in my life.

But she doesn’t want to have anything to do with me.

How far will I have to go to convince her to give me a second chance? 

  AMAZON LINK

3 Stars

The Billionaire’s Bodyguard is a second chance office romance set in New York City. It has plenty of heat and a guaranteed HEA with no cheating or cliffhangers. 

I really did want to like this story more than I actually did. It just didn't pull me in.  I tried because the main characters were good.  But my problem with it was that it was so slow for my taste.  And it just seemed like they kept going over the same ground over and over.  The regrets and the lost time that they went through because Sean made a decision for them both.   One that she had no input into at all.

I will give the author credit though was the surprise twist when it comes to who her stalker was and the why of it.   Actually there was two surprises that I didn't see coming.

It all concludes with a H.E.A. which I always do like. 

 

 

 I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from Booksprout. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment