Wednesday, April 28, 2021

BOOK REVIEW- Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles) by [Cora Reilly] *

 

 I was born a monster. Cruelty ran in my veins like poison. It ran in the veins of every Vitiello man, passed on from father to son, an endless spiral of monstrosity. A born monster shaped into an even worse monster by my father’s blade and fists and harsh words. I was raised to become Capo, to rule without mercy, to dish out brutality without a second thought.Raised to break others. When Aria was given to me in marriage, everyone waited with baited breath to see how fast I’d break her like my father broke his women. How I’d crush her innocence and kindness with the force of my cruelty.Breaking her would have taken little effort. It came naturally to me.I was gladly the monster everyone feared. Until her.Author's note: Bound By Honor in Luca's POV.    AMAZON LINK

3.5 STARS

 It ended up being darker than I even imagined.  While it was well written, the violence while expected was as I said darker than I expected.  All of the people in the story were well written when it came to depth.  And the "relationship" between Luca and Aria came as a big surprise to me.  Luca ended up having a depth  when with Aria that I wasn't expecting.
I  liked how Aria's siblings were close to each other in the story as was Luca and his brother.  Luca and his brother had quite the unique closeness.  Don't even get me started on their father, the current Capo.  He gave me the creepy shivers.  
So it ends up that I liked some parts of the story better than other parts.  That should explain the 3.5 Star rating I will be giving on Amazon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment